Are you looking for a way to make a difference this year? Wanting to volunteer or donate to a cause in need? Considering working with or donating to Women of Worth. We really love what this non-profit does for the community.
Women of Worth was founded over 20 years ago by Sandy Escobar-Schmidt, a survivor whose personal passion is to help abused women & children escape domestic violence. Women of Worth helps families in crisis, victims of domestic violence, sexual assault & human trafficking. They also offer programs to increase self-reliance & improve quality of life by helping victims rebuild their lives with dignity, hope, & safety.
Here is a quick snapshot of what they do:
– Emergency shelter
– Transitional housing
– Counseling & support groups
– Advocacy & case management
– Furniture & personal items
– Educational & career assistance
– Life skills training & mentoring
– Financial education
– Legal assistance
They provide all this & more & all for free. Over the years they have helped hundreds of families, & you can be a part of what they do.
Some of the needs they regularly have are listed below:
At the WoW ReShop:
– Clothing Department: General organizing, folding, & quality checks
– Linen Department: folding, sorting, & restocking
– Book room: sort, purge, & organize books
– Kitchen: stock, sort, & keep things clean
– Show room: Receive donations, sort & shelve items, pricing
– General cleaning & managing of facilities
At Women of Worth offices:
– Answer phones, take messages
– Organizing desks & files
– General cleaning of office
There are many other needs WoW has from time to time & are always taking donations. For more info visit their website www.women-of-worth.org
If you enjoyed reading this article, and want to find out more,
just CALL CJ at (530-906-4715) or subscribe below.
Get the latest posts delivered direct to your email