Having a home inspection is a new experience for many sellers. It’s not unusual to have questions when it comes to being ready for the inspection.
- You will need to leave the home and take your pets with you.
- Vacant homes should have all the utilities turned on.
- Leave a note stating any item that is broken/not functioning.
- Replace blown lightbulbs.
- Test all smoke detectors.
- Clean or replace your HVAC filters.
- Have clear access to these areas:
1) electrical panel
2) water heater
4) crawl space
5) heating system
- If there is a septic inspection, clear/dig out the lid so it’s accessible.
- Have the house shine.
- Inspections are three to four hours long.
- Usually buyers attend the home inspection.