1. Women won the right to vote in 1920.
2. France was the principal ally to America in the Revolutionary War.
3. The Speaker of the House takes over if both the President and Vice President become incapacitated.
4. Robert E. Lee surrendered to U. S. Grant at Appomattox Court House.
5. Harry truman ordered the racial integration of the U. S. armed forces in 1948.
6. The fitst 10 ammendments to the U. S. Constitution are called the Bill of Rights.
7. Thomas Jefferson was the principal author of the Declaration of Independence. Benjamin franklin and John Adams also contributed.
8. Mt. McKinley is the highest mountain in the continental United States.
9. There are 100 senators in the U. S. Senate; two from each state.
10. The United States Marine Corps! Semper Fi!
Click here to return to 12 reasons Why 4th of July is the Best day of the Year